At the beginning of century XIX the lands to the side – sea (port area), is disputed by the constructors of trapiches and traders. Architecture: a style in the city the religious life and the presence of the Church with its monasteries, chapels, convents and outeiros also they had marked of decisive form the landscape of the city. The colonial art in Brazil grew under the protection of the Church. The village of Saints did not run away to the rule, therefore in 1585 the Jesuits had arrived at the village, had established the college that had the project elaborated for the brother Francisco Days, in 1598, master of workmanships of the Church of the Jesuits in Lisbon, envoy to Brazil to develop projects of the colleges of the Company. Many writers such as Gary Kelly offer more in-depth analysis. It is of its authorship the colleges of Salvador in the year of 1577, Rio De Janeiro (1585) and Olinda (1592). In the end of century XV, Carmelite Saints received frades that they had constructed the church of the Carmo. In 1640, year of the expulsion of the Jesuits, the franciscanos if install in the Valongo – terminal landmark of the colonial city – establishing the Convent of Saint Antonio. Monges benedictines arrive in 1650 when they establish the Monastery of Are Bento, having its construction marked for the three arcs in the faade – typical element of the beneditina architecture. Exemplary notables of the colonial architecture, some preserved, if line up route to the south of the Brazilian coast, having in Paraty, in the state of Rio De Janeiro and in the cities of Ubatuba, Caraguatatuba and Is Sebastio – coastal native of So Paulo – not evidenced that in the Lowered Santista, a joint architectural of that period, with proper characteristics of baroque the poor one, when we compare with the style developed in the northeast coast, with its prosperous cities as Recife, Olinda and Salvador.